Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Prelude Will Be Like An Agonizingly Long Overture Score

And it's also going to be like the awful, long title of this post.

So after all the excitement and adrenaline rush last week (when I found out I got the job in Iqaluit), this week seems to be dragging in contrast. Don't you hate it when you're just about to gain momentum and hit full speed then all of a sudden the lights turn red? 


Well I did say I need to hurdle a mountain high pile of paperwork and to-do-stuff first before I trek northward so there's no point whining and imagining symptoms of adrenaline withdrawal. And it's not that I have been unproductive at all. Had the blood works done as preparation for my medical check up - to prove that I am fit to work up north. Went to the police station to get my criminal records check - to prove that I am a safe enough citizen. Watched endless videos on youtube and read countless blogs about life in Nunavut - I need to visualize being there and I need to own the vision. So there's movement there..slow but still movement nonetheless. Not as if I am in a standstill or anything. Oh yes, I have also been canvassing online for boots, jackets, etc..I do need those things don't I?


Sans drama and adventure for now. Reminds me of that poster I saw somewhere long time ago: "everything comes to him who (fidgets while) he waits". Now I have another cardio activity aside from aimless wandering and deep thought walking - fidget while you wait.







No comments:

Post a Comment