Ottawa Airport.
Here I am waiting for my flight. Looking forward to whatever lies ahead except for that part where I have to wrestle with my 6 piece luggage. Unfortunately that's the first thing I need to do as soon as I arrive, before I can even start musing about the meaning of life and my purpose for being. Starting a journey with too many excess baggage. There's a metaphor there somewhere.
This morning while I was waiting for the airport shuttle and having my prescribed dose of caffeine, a very pleasant lady sat next to me to make chit chat. She told me that she saw me yesterday at the airport wearing all my "warm clothes" and she guessed I must be going to Iqaluit. Not a few people have told me that I am quite transparent. I guess even through all these layers (yes I've been on semi full winter gear since I left Calgary yesterday.. Down to the Sorels) I still manage to exude some degree of transparency. Either that or a "to Iqaluit or bust" sign was suddenly tattooed on my forehead. Anyway, I told this nice lady that yes indeed I am going to Iqaluit and I asked her if she's from there as well. With a big, warm, happy smile she declared, "I've been working there for ten years"! Now, if somebody can accessorize a statement like "I've been working there for ten years" with a big, warm, happy -- emphasis on the happy -- smile.. that is enough good omen for me. It's like the universe giving me a reassuring push towards the north and telling me I'll be fine.
Everything's going to be all right.
Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Iqaluit Bound and a Good Omen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment